Hi there, my name is Bo Lin (林博). I am a PhD student at the Applied Optimization Lab and Sustainable Systems Research Group at University of Toronto. I am fortunately advised by Dr. Timothy Chan and Dr. Shoshanna Saxe. Prior to joining UofT, I completed my M.A.Sc. at University of Waterloo where I worked with Dr. Bissan Ghaddar and Dr. Jatin Nathwani. I obtained my B.Eng. at Tsinghua University.
In June-Sep 2023, I interned at Uber as an Applied Scientist, researching online marketplaces and advertising platforms. In Jan-Aug 2022, I was a research intern at Esri Canada under the SMART Mobility projects.
I am interested in the sustainable operation of transportation systems. I design scalable algorithms and decision-making tools that improve transportation efficiency and equity, environmental wellness, and the social good.
- 08/2023: New preprint: AutoLTS: Automating Cycling Stress Assessment via Contrastive Learning and Spatial Post-processing.
- 05/2023: Our paper A Machine Learning Approach to Solving Large Bilevel and Stochastic Programs: Application to Cycling Network Design won Runner Up for the CORS 2023 Student Paper Competition (Open Category).
- 02/2023: I’ve been awarded the DiDi Graduate Award.
- 02/2023: I’ll join Uber as an applied scientist intern this summer. See you in San Francisco!
- 01/2023: A short paper accepted to the AAAI 23 workshop on AI for social good.
- 05/2022: I’ve been awarded the 2022-2023 Ontario Graduate Scholarship (international competition).
- Dept. of MIE, Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, University of Toronto
- Email: blin AT mie DOT utoronto DOT ca